Monday, January 9, 2012

Her Day: Me'shell Ndegeocello

My friend Be formally introduced me to this here lady, Me'shell Ndegeocello:


This was during our frequent exchange of music. When I discovered her, my first listen, 'Crying in your beer' blew me away! More than it was in the production, it was in her voice. The sincerity, the emotions it evokes, makes you listen to every word...and then the instruments.



Like most on earth, I LOVE MUSIC and people like Me'shell make me understand why. She is an absolute gem. And then, later I found out that I knew her music before I knew her name. 'Fool of me' was the first song I heard from this highly talented lady and to make things even more amazing, it was on the soundtrack of my favourite African American movie of all time 'Love and Basketball'.




I am definately looking to buy any of her albums that I can get my hands on. She has released 9 albums since she made her first appearance in the 90's, and her latest offering is 'Weather', released in 2011. Go look for her and listen...


images via: web

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated.