Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Her Day: Mara Hruby

My latest fixation, Mara Hruby, has a voice that I cannot place in history. Like who do I compare her to? I have no idea, probably uncomparable. But if you can place her voice, go right ahead, and please do share with me where you place her. Her voice flows perfectly like melted gold. The 22 year old from Oakland, CA arrived in the music scene in 2010, and in 2011 released her debut album titled 'From Her Eyes".



Its a mixture of different songs from various well known artists that she has covered. Her mellow voice puts the distinction in these covers, as most of them are from male artists. She also has a vintage style umatched, as if she fell from the previous years. I look at the clothes she wears and wonder 'where the hell does this girl buy her clothes? does she even buy them?', and ofcourse I get no answers. She is beautiful, talented, has skill both in music and art crafts, she is young and has the world as her oyster and for her to explore. What she does with this chance to be an influential musician is up to her. I hope she makes it BIG!







images via: her tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated.