Thursday, February 23, 2012

Unlikely buy

I am not one to usually buy nail polish, nor apply it to my nails. This is mainly because I make such a mess when I do apply it, which will usually end with one hand of mine being polished and the other staying bare. This stays like this for about a week until a friend complains and I have to take it off. I have blamed my nail polish blues also on how boyish I can tend to be. Also, my mum did not put nail polish on her nails until around the time I left home for varsity, so its not like this is something I would have acquired from her.

This was until I heard about this nail polish. A colleague of mine (Tammy) told me about it while she was preggies, and she was donning this stunning colour:
essie - buy me a cameo
At first I was reluctant, she told me that a bottle at Dischem was R90.00, but that for her it was worth every cent. It had staying power and you don't have to apply many coats (one is enough). And as a bonus, it smells like Vanilla.

So many months later, and after seeing this lovely nail colour on many a blogs, I found my courage and went to buy it. I figured that if I can buy a bottle of nail polish for that much, my love for the art would grown and I would invest more time in it. So I bought myself two bottles of ESSIE (written essie) nail polish and its a lifetime commitment! I LOVE it! These were my first choice and as I type, I am wearing the 'midnight cami' on my fingers and the 'russian roulette' on my toes (:

essie - midnight cami

essie - russian roulette

images via essie


1 comment:

  1. That blue is a fantastic color!! And pairing it with the red is a wonderful idea. I love Essie, they're less expensive than OPI and great quality. I'll have to look more through their colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated.