Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm Sold!

In a time slotted nicely at my memory archives of the 90's, my mother was a driving force in my shoe game (obviously). As the first born, I went through all the spoils! I wore rare pieces, expensive clothes and was a very stylish baby, and later youngling. I remember, in particular, my favourite shoe. It was a pair of Nike high tops. Yes! High tops existed long before today. Now the thing is, today at my day and age, I do not own a pair of sneakers. Not even one! I had an all black pair of Converse sneakers that my baby sister jumped from me. And that was it.

When I realised this, I was gutted. I am a sandal kind of girl, so trust that I have loads of those. Now unfortunately, I am too broke to start on my sneaker collection. So I will put this on hold, until I finish paying off my studies and have a bit of financial freedom.

Sooooooo, this is the reason I fell inlove with sneakers all over again. I am SOLD!

Introducing the Isabel Marant Bekket High Top Sneaker. This is not available in South Africa, if one wants a pair, they would have to shop online. They go for $665 which is about R5581. A lot for a pair of sneakers, but if you have the cash, go for it. As for me, I dream of them and hope some reputable brand will make similar ones.

suede, strapped with a secret wedge...so your hight gets pushed up a bit. how gangster is that?

available in various colours.

signing out...
StreetSindz

1 comment:

  1. Hey love, Ashe makes them for less than half the price. Isabel Marant is um amaaazing but not all of us have an amazing fortune to match :) I left you a link below so you can check em out - and thanks for dropping me a line!

    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Ash-Suede-Wedge-Sneaker-Sneakers/prod148620010/?ecid=NMCIGoogleProductAds&ci_sku=prod148620010skuBLACK&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=%7Bkeyword%7D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated.