Friday, June 8, 2012

The lovely ASA at Zoo Lake '11

I was going through a folder that holds many of my photographs this morning when I came across this set of photo's. These were taken last year during the free Jazz on the Lake festival that happens during Joburg's Art's Alive Week. It was my best friend and I's first gig together, and we had a good time. Other artists performed as well, but my favourites were Asa and 340ml who I blogged about shortly after the concert. And to add to her peformance, Asa had Simphiwe Dana join her on stage. I like things that are legendary, and that was definately one of them. I look forward to this year's line up of who will be there, and ofcourse, to attending. I do hope that this year it can be more than just my best friend and I, and we can have our own 'entourage' hehehehe (jokes).

Joburg decides to throw a month long party during September, and every one is invited. Art's Alive, as it is named, was launched in 1991 and has been an exciting cultural experience for all those who attend it. It is deemed one of the biggest events in the African continent, and I agree fully. There is a mixture of dance, poetry, film, live shows, workshops, visual arts, and theatre among other things. Some of the events throughout the month are free, and others reasonably priced. I have attended two of their Jazz on the Lake festival's, in 2008 and in 2011. I would like to make it an annual date, and honestly nothing should be stopping me from that.

Here are some of the pictures I took of Asa:







If your'e in Joburg in September, slot this in your diary and go check it out. You will not be disappointed (:

signing out...
StreetSindz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated.