Tuesday, May 29, 2012

100 Greatest Singers by Rolling Stones Magazine

After seeing a colleague of mine's bbm status about Sam Cooke being an amazing vocalist, I boldly replied, in agreement 'what a voice'. He went on to tell me about his enjoyable evening with his friends and his girlfriend, and I went on to add my love for Donny Hathaway. But I do love Donny, more than he will ever know (how corny is this? LOL). He then sent me a link to check out, and look what I found:

Rolling Stones's 100 Greatest Singers

Click here and you will see, you can either agree or disagree, honestly it is all up to you. The following are my favourites from the list, in no particular order:

Mary J Blidge, Patti Labelle, Mariah Carey, Dolly Parton, Rod Stewart, Luther Vandross, Muddy Waters, Gladys Knight, Donny Hathaway, Kurt Cobain, Kurtis Mayfield, Whitney Houston, Howlin' Wolf, Prince, Nina Simone, Micheal Jackson, Bob Marley, Tina Turner, Mick Jagger, Al Green, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder.

These are all based on vocal prowess ofcourse, and I am sure a few will agree that the ones on my favourite list really have God made voices. Sort of makes you wish your stints in the shower expanded to more than that actually.

xoxo
StreetSindz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, much appreciated.